The Combine Forum banner

Hey JD techs!

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jdtech34 
#1 ·
I read alot of your posts but don't say too much here, it seems like you guys can figure out some tough ones. Would you have any ideas on 3 problems I've been having on a 9650 Walker? 1. Header Height Display - erratic reading. This causes major problems with trying to map! I've changed the potentiometer (sp) but cannot get a consistent reading. Dealer can only tell me that I'm not getting proper voltage (supply) to the *meter. They suggest rodent damage in wiring. I've followed it as far as I can see and all looks good. There have been "aliens" under the buddy seat, etc.. Could my problem be in there? 2. Unloading auger does not go all the way out( it did in corn and wheat but not in 'beans or 'flowers) I've done the timing sequence and greased the heck out of it (while moving it). Are the guides the next thing to check? 3. Display for tailings return elevator blinks a constant solid bar (top horizontal meter). Sensors have been cleaned and look good. It worked fine in wheat but nothing else. the code comes up '1111' . Dealer suggests changing "master" sensor first, then "slave" sensor if the first doesn't fix it. I'd appreciate your comments if you have any. Thanks

#4 ·
I did do a cal on the sensor. Sometimes it works alright but most of the time erratic. During wheat, it would change slightly throughout the day - seemed to coincide with heat/humidity. The other day i was moving the feeder house while driving across the yard. It started at 100 (up) and on the way down it would read ok for a while, then go crazy for a couple of seconds, then return to a normal reading. This cycle repeated several times on the way down. Thanks for your reply.

C

#5 ·
The VISIONTRAK performance monitor is difficult to understand and to calibrate. The side bar graphs for the cleaning shoe and the separator ( not displayed on STS combines ) do not move when the combine is in crop, therefore the operator is unable to use the display to monitor crop losses. The center bar graph functions satisfactorily.

The two side bar graphs for the cleaning shoe and the separator do not move during harvest. The operator is unable to set the combine by the VisionTrak performance monitor as he could with other combines.

Information in section 35 of the operator's manual may be incomplete on older operator manuals. The operator does not have enough information on how to fine-tune the display for his particular crop and field condition. The monitor is actually performing as it was designed. However, the sensitivity of these side bars can be changed so they will reflect changes in the crop. The problem occurs mainly in small seed crops.

Adjust the combine and header to an acceptable loss level for the particular crop and condition.

Using two people, check to be certain that all sensors are OK. Turn the key switch on but do not start the engine. When a second person rapidly taps each sensor with a screw driver, a random number should appear on the display. Replace any sensors which do not pass this test.

Be certain addresses E02 106, 107 and 108 all show a 27 on the display.

To increase rate of display, also know as the 'offset', reduce the value in set in addresses E02 104 for the cleaning shoe or E02 105 for the separator. Start by reducing the number in either address, by a value of fifteen or more. This will add approximately one bar to that display for a given amount of loss.

To see more sensitivity, i.e. having the bars react faster as crop losses increase, increase the following addresses by twenty :

E02 109 for cleaning shoe--small seed

E02 110 for cleaning shoe--medium seed

E02 111 for cleaning shoe--large seed

E02 112 for separator--small seed

E02 113 for separator--medium seed

E02 114 for separator--large seed

To have each side bar operate individually for each set of sensors, change the following addresses:

E02 102 for cleaning shoe--change to 2

E02 103 for separator--change to 2

Making any of the above changes will have no affect on the center bar graph.

#7 ·
Are balljoints tight on both ends of rod or rod loose ball joints.

Have they tried new software in controller for your return monitor and do you have friend close you can borrow his sensors

unhook cylinder from auger and test to see if it will go all the way in with no load, to narrow it down to the problem gl

Just another idea on sensor is there any way you broke sensor when installed, have had it happen when customers have installed and did not realize sensor can't turn both ways, spring loaded in one direction

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.