The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
recently had a request to cut high moisture barley...idea is to use a grain platform on our JD6850 harvester. does anyone have expierence or advice to share?
You mean a rubber mat draper front right? If it is, hydraulic oil driven or belt driven?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've done alot of barley with a draper front, but not with a grain table. The only concern I would have is plugging the auger on the bottom of the table with too much barley. Other then that I'd have no idea what its capabilities are.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think we are gonna try it with our 676 rotary head...not sure if i can drive the reel hydraulicly with my harvester.

Jordan93 how is your machine set up to run the draper?
We're setting up our 676 head to cut cereal crops at the moment. Let me know how you get on with your head, as we are making alot of modifications and I am interested to see how you go with I assume minimal modifications?

We run the draper through two double acting hydraulic outlets on the chopper. The draper matt and knvies are run through the hydraulic pump connected to the ivloc box, and the reel (up-down, speed) is controlled through an electric hydraulic rate controller in the cab. We find with high moisture barley, the crop is so heavy that it overheats the oil. Normal moisture barley is fine though.

I've attached a picture.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.