The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone running for settings in canola? i have a 1680 and been told by some to use high gear and by others to use low? I have a air foil sieve and harvest concaves.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Actually low range puts the belt deeper into the spring loaded sheave making it less likely to slip.
Also the the torque load is reduced so the drive is much less likely to stall in low range.

Don

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
low speed in either range puts the belt deeper into the sheaves don. the gear selection does not. That being said I prefer to stay in high range but towards the bottom end of the available speed. I watched to many guys unplug their 'bine last fall after listening to the expert from deere tell them to put the rotor in low. then they tried going as fast as they could and the rotor got constipated and they unplugged it on straw at a time. I always like to be able to open the concaves and shift to low range as I hate pulling straws out.

·
Super Moderator
2,525 Posts
Well, deeper into the DRIVE sheave which reduces contact area as well as reduces spring tension on the DRIVEN sheave, making the belt looser, those two things combine result in a drive far more likely to slip.
Low range on the gear case puts the belt deeper into the DRIVEN sheave at the SAME rotor speed.
There, are you happy now?

Don

·
Registered
508 Posts
we always always run it low more torque just like a transmission. the newer 2388 s and 2588 a got 3 speeds the lowest one is for unplugging the mediem is for canola but on the 2 speed always use low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts