The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been running for a few days in corn. Lexion 760 with round bar APS and round bar main concave. Pushing 16r22" Geringhoff in 160 bushel corn at 6 mph. Corn is about 18%

I am experiencing high returns. Most of the time it looks like small fines and cob pieces. However, if I run into a really good spot in the field, my return fills with corn.

My concave is set at 22 (anything greater than that and I get more rotor loss)
Cylinder 300 rpm
Rotors 400 rpm
Bottom Sieve 20 mm
Top Sieve 12 mm
Fan 1,400 rpm (anything less and I get all kinds of sticks and trash in sample)

I dont know exact measurements, but my top sieve is a long tooth and my bottom sieve is a short stubby thing, maybe a 10mm tooth?

Why am I getting returns and how do I get rid of them? Is switching out the lower sieve for a long tooth version like my top sieve the answer? Or am I grinding the corn somewhere? (I dont think this is likely, because the sample looks gorgeous) But it I could be and may not realize it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
We,re having the same problem . Most of the time it's when we run into a little better spot in the field then the return fills up and you have to almost stop to get it back to normal. I don't know if it will help this problem but I ordered hhs
round bar preconcaves . I'll let you know if that helps or not. We,re running a Deere 616 30 inch rows corn head and I'm wondering if the reverse augers in the middle are not letting the ears get evenly distributed in the feeder house overloading one section of the sieve. We,re running 5 mph in200 plus corn 18 percent moisture.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No other major combine manufacture in north America runs a 10mm snub nose small grain sieve in corn but lexion. Change the lower sieve out to the 26mm long tooth or the newer 32mm extreme long tooth. Return problem solved. This allows your lexions true capacity to shine. What a pleasure to run the machine in corn with the long tooth lower sieve. Do yourself and your machine a favor. Good luck Tiger

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
The book for our New Hollands show half inch for all three sieves, wondering if your bottom sieve being open that far isn't creating too much draft down there and blowing the corn over the lower sieve, we have similar lower sieves to you it sounds like.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We're running a 2014 750. With lower sieve wide open, we were getting clean grain in the returns. Apparently clean grain can spill over the clean grain auger into the tailings auger.

Removing the lower sieve would not remedy this if it is indeed the case

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
We're running a 2014 750. With lower sieve wide open, we were getting clean grain in the returns. Apparently clean grain can spill over the clean grain auger into the tailings auger.

Removing the lower sieve would not remedy this if it is indeed the case
I don't think that is the case. Pretty sure the lower sieve is simply being overloaded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grain that falls through the rear 12 inches of the top seive goes to the return. Today i removed my tm6 seives top and bottom and made covers to block off the returns. Installed only a corn long tooth top seive. This setup seames to work the best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Both of our 2014 750tt came with 27 mm top and bottom seives. Im sure that setup works good but in high moisture corn or damp wet days plugging with silk is a problem. Easy to clean top seive but the bottom is almost impossible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.