The Combine Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Snipe, Do you have any before and after pictures of the redekop knives and info on how many acres you have on a worn set?
I will if I don’t trade it off. I will try to take a photo of them in combine and post them on here. I know one thing is they last twice as long as factory blades.

·
Registered
386 Posts
These next few pictures are after cutting 1200 acres of beans so the knives have 400 acres of wheat and 1200 acres of beans. You can look at the pictures at the start of this thread and see how much the factory Gleaner knives wore after doing basically same number of acres. Hard to tell what they will look like after doing the same acreage next year but I plan to leave them like they are and run them again next year, obviously wheat next spring won't wear them any more, another 1200 acres or so of beans could get rough on them but if I do run them another full season I can say I have gotten double the life out of the knives and it would actually be more than double, run them 2 season in lieu of one but the stock knives were doing NO thing after a half season on them due to being worn blunt, these Kondex knives will still be doing a good job and be sharp well into the 2nd season before they may be blunt. Right now these knives are sharp as a razor.
You could still flip these could you not once 1 side wears out?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Tin Man...

Did you bale the straw behind the combine or just blow it on the ground?
No we didn't. I don't run the stationary knives pushed up. Even with them down the straw is plenty short pieces for bailing. Baling straw is almost a thing of the past around here.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts