The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question but Ill ask anyway.
I know that all these machines have a fan speed rated up to 1600rpm, others 1400, earlier machines 1250. Does anybody in any crop or conditions ever really have a need to run over 1250 or 1300 rpm fan speed? I myself have never needed that much air unless im not closing my screens enough and blasting the fan.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
139 Posts
well here in corn country, we couldnt get enough air on the prior to 97 machines. the 1380rpm's didnt cut it , so we really liked the 1600rpm change. the sts 1200rpm seems fine for us in corn country , but i would guess there are plenty of areas that may disagree.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I know the STS uses a different fan design, similar to the older combines with blades not turbine style fans. I actually liked the older 8820 style fans, mainly because they didnt wear out like the plastic crap of today.
Im guessing you went to a 9610 for your corn harvest needing a faster turning fan. This year will be my first time harvesting corn and I am looking forward to learning the process after ten years in a walker doing wheat, barley, milo, saff,hay seed, oats, and garbonzos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts