The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone see any reason why i could not put HUR on my 2003 9750STS? I know it's got fifteen less horsepower than a 9760 but that can be easily fixed. I'm replacing the hopper since it's damaged and thought maybe i can put HUR on this machine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The unloading auger has to be replaced as well and it's an insurance job so it won't be that expensive to upgrade. I don't want to trade the combine either because we just installed a Kuchar rotor and feed accelerator last year. The hopper should bolt right on because any extra bracing seems to be internal on the new hopper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not possible.....different graintank....cross augers.....charge housing...turrent.....vert auger and drive system....not just a different horizontal auger. HUR is not acheived by speeding the system up, it acutally runs slower than a standard unload rate but the augers are much bigger and have a different pitch to them. Other colors just speed up there augers but that just turns them into flour mills.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:I'm replacing the hopper since it's damaged

Quote:The unloading auger has to be replaced as well and it's an insurance job so it won't be that expensive to upgrade

·
Registered
31 Posts
With extensive modification and a blank check...........it might adapt. The graintank itself mounts differently than a standard and the frame tubing would have to be drilled out for the mounting hardware in several locations. Also there is a support brace that comes down through the floor of the tank that is attached to the top of the turrent that mounts to the frame. Again as others have said....Ins. or not they will not pay the difference to modify it for you and your looking at i think 55hrs just to R&R the tank alone with out mods. Probably 50hrs of labor to adapt it and an extra $15k to $20k in parts....be way easyer to trade it as is to a dealer give them the INS money and get a 9760 with HUR.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well we figure it can be done. We did a bunch of measuring and looked at all the parts diagrams and we are going to go ahead and do it. I will let everyone know if it worked and how much extra it was. I figure we can actually do this cheaper than what it would cost to trade the combine and change the rotor and feed accelerator over to a different machine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think it will end in tears because i think it will work. I don't see anyway that the tank is mounted to the frame differently. The drives all look the same to me as well. I'll know if it will work in a couple weeks hopefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts