The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
That's on American lentils I think. In retaliation to trump cutting India off special trade status. Would be a golden opportunity for someone with some brains to go over to india and restart our trade.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's on American lentils I think. In retaliation to trump cutting India off special trade status. Would be a golden opportunity for someone with some brains to go over to india and restart our trade.

It’s a saskpulse news release and in the link states “from all origins”.

Edit: stories now coming out that Canada will remain at 33% and US go up to 55%, so you might be right, jazz

·
Registered
430 Posts
They have done it in the past as well. I think they do it mostly to force companies to buy their own country's lentils first before cheap imports. They are trying to bring down their inventories and raise prices for their farmers. It is also a trade issue as the US dropped them from preferred trade status so India is now putting up to 70% on other US products as well, Almonds, apples, etc.. It comes to try to force talks ahead of the G20. Canada gets automatically dragged into the dispute as we are a huge pulse supplier to India. Hope they get it worked out.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts