The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t grown specific feed wheat variety’s for a while and just wondering what’s the ticket nowadays?

·
Registered
90 Posts
been a few yrs since I did soft white but switching some acres back over to it from hrsw. after looking and talking to growers for the last yr I settled on saddash.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Pasteur, but be ready for big and yield and big straw, of course it has to rain. It’s not a “feed” wheat per say, but most gets sold that way. Some have tried to sneak it into the milling market, including myself with no luck.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I grow all faller for the feed market. It yields very close to Pasteur but is a lot earlier to harvest. Shorter straw the chops well too. Not the best for standing thou. Good quality grain. Mine yielded 84 bushels with a 68 test weight and 13.4 protein Oh and threshing is easy.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Grew saddash for years. Great yielder even on dry land. Trying some Parmount this year. New variety of sws. Only this is midge Tolerant Variety (rolls eyes) so can only use the seed for one year after.
Clifton was another new variety that came out a couple years ago. Not sure if it’s any better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts