The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my 9600 has [most] all the 9610 updates. My 9600's tank loading auger hinges (up & down). You know, it folds, so it is no longer the highest point on the combine.

Anyway, the little gizmos (keepers/safeties) that lock the auger into "work posistion" broke. I asked my JD parts guy to order me a couple of new ones....Deere like, he told me that those safeties are not sold individually, and that I would have to purchase the whole auger hinge plate assembly in order to get new safeties...the cost of the auger hinge is about $800...
Isn't that great designing & craftsmanship? All I need are two keepers to keep the auger folded up, in work position..but Deere tells me to just replace the whole hinge..The [broken] keepers are poor quality, anyway..I welded them back together using my wire welder, and made them heavier than OEM...I do not like the end result, though, and would like new ones..
Have any of y'alls done this? Did you weld them up, or do you know somewhere that I can purchase simular keepers? I do not mind having to weld them on..I just think that they ought to be a little heavier-duty.
If JD's engineers actually had to work & wrench on the things they designed, I bet things would be different! I mean work on a piece of equipment that is older than a year or two...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I can do that; however, I did see the picture of the hinge plate, and the retainers/keepers were indeed "made" to it. All Deere did was tack a couple of them on there..

What I would prefer to do is simply know where I could buy some more like them...just a little bit heavier!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES YES YES!! That will fit the bill just fine!
Many thanks to you, amigo!

Something else about these clamps that you showed me is that I can buy just the 'replacement u bolt" if I want to...

Thanks again!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't you think that the '100 series' is close to what is on the 9610's folding auger?

IF it were the same, do you guys think I ought to order [just] the replacement u-bolt, or go ahead and get the whole assembly.
(keep in mind that the Deere's clamps are welded on)

This website has a $25 minimum, but that's no big deal.
There was some attemted fraud on my Visa, so my cc company had to shut my Visa down, and issue me another...I am without a Visa right now dangit, and can't place my order.. Carr Lane does not accept [Business] Discover..or any Discover..Carr Lane is a cool site..lots of quality parts! They have some nice C-clamps, too..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts