The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our home water system has normal pressure when you first open the valve but cannot maintain or keep up for a normal shower, etc. and takes time to build back up. When I shake the pressure tank, it feels empty so isn't waterlogged. I have replaced the submersible pump, electrical switch and pressure switch. Any suggestions on possible problem or solution? Of course harvest has started! Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Does the pump run continuous while using water or does it start and stop. If it is running continuous, I would think the problem would be either in the well or a restriction in the line between well and pressure tank.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ours is doing something weird in the filtration system. For the last 2 days I've had excellent pressure in the shower, the couple days before that it wasn't that good. And it's like that, some days better, some days worse.

I've watched our well pressure and it seems to do the right thing with low end kick on, and high end kick off whether I'm experiencing good or bad.

After the well, we pass through a carbon filter with peroxide injection, then a water softener.

I haven't done anything more to debug it, but am thinking about putting a pressure gauge on the post-side of the filtration system so I can look at what it's doing vs what I'm seeing on the pre-filtration side when things are good and when things are worse.

Might be time for a refresh on our carbon filter, is my hunch.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Check your pressure tank, watch the pressure gauge when the pump cuts in it should build to about 60psi+/- then drop to about 35-40 psi before your pump cuts in again.
if this is not happening check the air pressure in the pressure tank can`t remember exactly what it should be 25psi??? it may just be low on air or if when adding air you hear water bubbling you may have a failed bladder and have to replace the tank.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
If this is happening just on the hot water side, the water heater can be getting loaded with sediment. When this gets bad enough the sediment starts backing up into the inlet pipe coming from the cold supply which is crucial in maintaining flow volume into the hot water heater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.