The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if a Honey bee swather header can be converted to a combine header by fitting the centre section. And can a combine header be coverted to a swather by taking the centre out?

Eg. If i wanted to swap my combine front with someone that had a swather front and I keep the centre section.

Thanks, Russ

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting russ our 30' honeybee has only done 400hrs max, often wonder about this so we could get a 35' foot on our swather and everything would match for our CTF. ATM it is just way to expensive to swap to get the last machine on our system. Also not sure if our little 8040 machine would handle the larger front

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
i think it depends on the year of header i belive
If the swather had Honeybee yellow 2005 was the last year to convert ,if it had NH or Case paint 2004 was the last year .Some guys wanted to use the same head for both but I never had even one guy say "That was the best 24,000.00 I ever spent".
The swather frame changed in those years and would no longer accept a combine adaptor and converting the other way swather adaptor parts became hard to get.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting russ our 30' honeybee has only done 400hrs max, often wonder about this so we could get a 35' foot on our swather and everything would match for our CTF. ATM it is just way to expensive to swap to get the last machine on our system. Also not sure if our little 8040 machine would handle the larger front
I actually had you in mind, would be a good fix but sounds like it wont work.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Russ

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
So your saying since I have a 2000 Honeybee 30ft draper and a 2001 New Holland HW300 they will be able to work together by taking the combine adapter out?
Yes and I also said swather adaptor parts for that vintage are hard to come by and if you can get the parts it will be costly . This is a job for November in your shop, not a growing season job.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
what doesn't work in this situation, the running gear not compatible, the mounting brackets or both?
The newer swather frame is known as the WS (wide strut) design ,the shape ,design and position of the inner struts all changed and the subframe for the combine would no longer attach to the frame .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts