● ESSO Hydraul 56
● Chevron 1000 ATF
● Petro-Can Duratron
● Shell Donax TD
● UFA THG Ultra

We used Hydraul 56 also.

· Registered
5,973 Posts
Doesn't the hydraulic system on the 94C's adapter require a line plumbed to the combine main hydraulic reservoir? I've never been clear on exactly why, but would think you'd want to run the same oil in the header adapter as your combine uses.

· Registered
180 Posts
Doesn't the hydraulic system on the 94C's adapter require a line plumbed to the combine main hydraulic reservoir? I've never been clear on exactly why, but would think you'd want to run the same oil in the header adapter as your combine uses.
Combine just drives the reel, up down, and fore aft. The reservoir on the header drives the knife and canvas independent from the combine. At least on my sp36 which I believe is basically the same as 94c. I use hydraul 56 as well.

· Registered
5,973 Posts
Right I thought I remembered something about that. So it looks like the charge pump on the adapter pulls oil from the reel drive return line. If you run the header without adding the special return to combine tank line, it will fill the header reservoir and dump all over the ground (ask me how i know). Kind of curious why they did that. So definitely on the 94C you should use the same oil as your combine as the oils will be mixed.

· Registered
867 Posts
88c is grain belt plus This is the flex draper.
94c is just grain belt. Rigid draper.
No combine return on the 94c. Combine runs the reel and reel related adjustments. The rest is run by the header pump.

I've always just run regular hydraulic oil whatever the flavor.
Macdon is the one that wanted 30w oil I think.

· Registered
331 Posts
Had a 94c for 15 years. Used it on a CaseIH 8010. Ran Hytran in it from the beginning so didn’t have to carry different hydraulic oil in service truck. Never had one hydraulic related oil problem. Changed filter EVERY year. 94c DOES NOT share oil with combine. No return. Combine only runs reel circuit.

· Ooohhh Deere
2,039 Posts
It’s just a basic gear pump and simple motor drives
Any engine oil will do or just use what ever hyd oil you run on the farm.
The colour of it will determine if it’s got engine oil or hyd fluid in its tank

I used to use
Fuchs Utto
Hytrans CNH
Hygard JD
Or what ever else was around at the time

I did change from engine oil to hyd oil for the simple reason during harvest there was always a lot more Hyd fluid consumed in the paddock more so than engine oil. Blown hoses, leaky draper motors, o-rings, leaky multi couplers etc etc

You know the drill.............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts