The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now purchasing a used CIH 7240 combine, to be used on wheat and barley. Needing to decide between two Honeybee draper headers. An SP36' (similar to our 2003 honeybee in that all functions are hydraulically driven), with double-driven knife, driven from the two ends........ or the newest Grain Belt Honeybee called an RDX36'. The RDX is basically mechanically driven, with double knives driven from the center of cutter bar (also costs 15,000 more). Please, do you have any experiences or knowledge comparing these two?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I am just waiting to hear the Macdon guys ask why lol. I own a D60S Macdon on my 9895MF. I have a Agco 8100 or 8200 ( can't remember the number exactly) on my 9790MF. I would take the Agco header any day!! In my uneven ground having the guage wheels on the outside of the header prevents the ends digging in cutting peas etc. Macdon is hard to get the floating ability right by comparison and when you lift it up and turn the header flops to either side. I can set my agco header to lift with 2 fingers on either side and it doesn't hang down on either side turning. The knife run by a belt on the macdon is a joke. Plugs in cereals constantly if not careful. Agco has the hydraulic drive shumacher which is unbeatable imo. I bought this Macdon from all the hype but I guess these guys have never ran a Agco before. Parts for a macdon are just highway robbery. I could have bought a Agco for 1/2 the price of this Macdon too. Lesson learned!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am just waiting to hear the Macdon guys ask why lol. I own a D60S Macdon on my 9895MF. I have a Agco 8100 or 8200 ( can't remember the number exactly) on my 9790MF. I would take the Agco header any day!! In my uneven ground having the guage wheels on the outside of the header prevents the ends digging in cutting peas etc. Macdon is hard to get the floating ability right by comparison and when you lift it up and turn the header flops to either side. I can set my agco header to lift with 2 fingers on either side and it doesn't hang down on either side turning. The knife run by a belt on the macdon is a joke. Plugs in cereals constantly if not careful. Agco has the hydraulic drive shumacher which is unbeatable imo. I bought this Macdon from all the hype but I guess these guys have never ran a Agco before. Parts for a macdon are just highway robbery. I could have bought a Agco for 1/2 the price of this Macdon too. Lesson learned!!
you sure you don't have a 5100? and 8200 is an auger flex

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just now purchasing a used CIH 7240 combine, to be used on wheat and barley. Needing to decide between two Honeybee draper headers. An SP36' (similar to our 2003 honeybee in that all functions are hydraulically driven), with double-driven knife, driven from the two ends........ or the newest Grain Belt Honeybee called an RDX36'. The RDX is basically mechanically driven, with double knives driven from the center of cutter bar (also costs 15,000 more). Please, do you have any experiences or knowledge comparing these two?
Thanks!
RDX is based on AirFLEX but with rigid cutterbar. I suspect it is has more parts in common with the AirFLEX so may have better dealer/parts support. If you already run hydraulic headers, then parts wise you might be better off with the SP. Otherwise, they will both cut cereals just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts