The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram or a description of what pins do what on a 9870's header hook-up quick coupler. Also what size pins do they use?
I'm looking to route the external switch for the tilt of our fd70 through our quick coupler:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: wiring diagram for 9870

binbuster,

The connector uses the Deutsch pins p/ns
0462-201-16141
0460-202-16141

I have a 'wiring diagram' but it is in a form that would not be very helpful to you for this project I think. A number of the pins on the combine have multiple functions.

I assume that you intend just to pull out a couple of pins that you don't need from the combine side and replace it with the tilt wiring?

What other headers do you use? If you let me know this I can tell you what some of your options might be.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: wiring diagram for 9870

Thanks for the reply ahcace.

I went to the dealer today and learned that each pin had it's own wiring diagram and every pin was devoted to a particular function or a future function (e.g.- row guidance on new JD corn headers)
The only other header we will run is a deere 608 corn header.
Our solution was to use two of the wires dedicated to a John Deere draper platform (pins 26 and 27). I simply cut the wires on the combine about 10 inches from the combine conector and put my own "unplugable" connectors in just in case we happen to hook up to a John Deere draper instead of the Macdon (probably not in the near future). I taped the wires/connectors that go on into the main combine harnass and hooked up macdon's wiring (the wiring that goes to the toggle switch in the cab) at this junction.
On the header side, pin positions were open on 26 and 27. I simply led the header side of the harnass up to this point, connected two new male pins and pushed them through these locations:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts