The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have dozens of 1350s and 1650 bu bins on rotted out wooden floors. I am trying to decide weather or not to put 3 on hoppers with air or sell as many as i can and erect a new 5000 bu hopper bin. What are your guys thoughts on this and who is the best company for service and price to go with on this project i am located on the manitoba sask border most bin work is done by co op around here but they are all westeel bins are there cheaper alternatives that will still be a good bin ? also whats the biggest fan i can run on single phase 220 power?

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the same position as you. It don't pay to put cones under the old bins anymore. Cheaper to fix them up a bit, and use a grain vac. Flamans in Yorkton sells all kinds of hopper bins.......ask for Sheldon Sliva.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i know its expensive but i would throw some hoppers under them. they always come in handy to put tough grain in or or an extra 1500 bus that wont fit in a big bin or to put seed in. i have done a few years ago and have never regretted it. you will still probly want to build a 5000 though..lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i put hoppers under the smaller bins with aeartion and on a concrete pad by my math its only abour 8 cents a bushel more for the big bin beacuse is one big fan instaed of 3 and one pad instead, so less fans and aeration tubes and concrete so cost is not much more. We have dozens a mean dozens of 1350 and 1650 bu bins if we have stuff that wont fill a big bins so many that we are trying to sell some last year we had 32 flat floor bins the biggest being 2000 bu

·
Registered
657 Posts
were do you live alfred we ahve a 2000bu wet bin forsale with the air floor in it. also have a few 1000 bu hopper bins for sale

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
near moosomin are the bins that are for sale on hoppers (moosomin is on number 1 in eastern sk we are just across the border into manitoba)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts