The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand New, Innovative, Full Floor Hopper Aeration System.
Norbin.ca
Revolutionize your hopper bottom bin aeration!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks interesting. Don’t see where the fan is mounted. Is that a distribution or plenum around the top of the hopper?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics are currently available on the website. Norbin.ca
Air Flow, supplied by a fan mounted at the upper portion of the hopper is distributed evenly across the entire hopper cone. Airflow test results show excellent results with strong even flow across the entire grain surface, including outer edges. I will be adding airflow test readings on the website shortly. Please stay tuned, and, feel free to contact the Norbin sales department for more info. Thank you for your interest in Norbin’s innovative new HOPPER AERATION system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to also point out that the NORBIN AERATION hopper design greatly reduces grain dust and residue buildup under the aeration system, a very common problem in flat bottom, full floor aeration bins. When you open the discharge gate at the bottom of the bin, dust, residue and other debris slide out with the grain. One might think of the Norbin hopper as a self cleaning aeration system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jegster10. We are currently shipping into the USA but the current situation surrounding the border restrictions is not allowing us to send our crew to setup.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are currently looking for setup crews in the grain belt states. As our sales increase we will need reliable efficient grain bin setup crews who are willing to team up with Norbin.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Jegster10. We are currently shipping into the USA but the current situation surrounding the border restrictions is not allowing us to send our crew to setup.
We have 2 - 10k bushel bins that need some updating from an aeration/unload perspective so this might be an option for us as I would really like hopper bottoms since I roll grain out of them for our feed yard. This project won't happen for a while yet so I will definitely keep your product in mind. Maybe when we are ready to do something your crews will be available or you will have someone more local that can do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello grain farmers. Just an FYI. Norbin is currently working on drawings and details to produce more sizes of the fully aerated NORBIN grain bin hopper. We plan to launch the 30 ft, 33 ft, & 36 ft diameter models in the very near future. Please stay tuned for updates. Thank you for your interest in Norbin.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ummm...you already advertise on this site. Do you have to advertise in the discussion section also? No offense, but if you do it, then next thing you know the discussion pages will be all companies advertising what they are selling. BTW...I checked your ad out when I first seen it and went on your web site...just so you know your paid ads work!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ummm...you already advertise on this site. Do you have to advertise in the discussion section also? No offense, but if you do it, then next thing you know the discussion pages will be all companies advertising what they are selling. BTW...I checked your ad out when I first seen it and went on your web site...just so you know your paid ads work!
Thank for the feed back. BTW, no offence taken. I did not mean for this discussion to flood the forum with undue advertising, but rather, generate some discussion about a solution to an on-going industry problem, especially in those very wet grain production areas. Many farmers are looking for alternative and effective grain drying and aeration storage products. We are here to help in this area.

·
Registered
690 Posts
While your air system looks good for preventing material from sticking to the walls it will have some of the highest static pressures of all hopper bin drying systems as the louvers are all at the bottom. From personal experience with similar concepts, I would expect this hopper bottom to suck as a grain drying bin. If you were to modify it and have a raisied portion that releases some of the air higher up in the bin, then I think you might have a very good differentiated product.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Twix,
I can see a need for what you suggest, but not sure how you would ensure the air takes the most useful route, and not just the path of least resistance, defeating the purpose, especially with different grains and different depths of grain, no one size fits all as to the size or height of the second raised portion.
Personally, I will gladly trade higher static pressure for no dead spots. Higher static pressures will take longer to dry, and maybe cost more in electricity, but all the grain will be dry ( or at least equally dry at any given height), and it won't be necessary to turn the bin immediately after drying, there won't be dead spots that could heat or spoil. There will be no need to crawl in and dig out the wet grain ( or frozen)stuck in the corner where the hopper meets the wall, and up the walls, and along the hopper. There won't be guessing if there is enough grain above the rocket to achieve enough static pressure that all the air doesn't just go straight up.
I can see having a few of these as dedicated drying bins, filling them partially full while drying, and then use them as regular storage when done drying( which never actually happens around here at least, still drying crop in August).

I have been adding additional exit screens to the slopes of hoppers of bins with rockets to get some air flow to go down and outwards and eliminate dead pockets, would like to do the same on the walls, but it is more effort to keep the rain out.

I have some much older full floor aeration hoppers already. They are an enclosed hopper without a gate( just push the auger in the side). dozens of big Louvres cut into the hopper slope, and fan bolted onto the side of the vertical wall. Best of both worlds, but not as handy for final clean up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts