The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys, I've got a quick question about my 590R (06 model). Late in the season last year the hopper panels started closing very slowly on their own. By the end of harvest, about once every couple minutes, I had to push the button to completely unfold the extensions. Has anyone had this issue? There looks to be a gas cylinder in there, could it be bad? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
146 Posts
check the hydraulics that open and close the hopper for leaks. I had to change that shock on one of my machines. It didn't want to stay all the way open.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
On my 590r one of the hoses was leaking between the engine and the back wall of the outside of the grain tank. The oil would puddle on the bottom of the engine compartment. I was told that these small hoses can cause problems. It was a bit of a pain to change.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
On my 590r one of the hoses was leaking between the engine and the back wall of the outside of the grain tank. The oil would puddle on the bottom of the engine compartment. I was told that these small hoses can cause problems. It was a bit of a pain to change.
Thats not a good combination, "Hot engine and loose oil":(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts