The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a field of heavy wheat straw that was lodged bad so still lots of long straw in field. What would the joker do to the straw? Afraid the deep tiller will just make a mess

·
Registered
445 Posts
What do you have for a chisel plow? Shovels? I would not hesitate to go into a field like that on a warm day with my 1650. I use the twisty's on a 45 degree angle to what it was combined and quite deep. Key is deep enough, on the angle and on a hot day.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
It will do a great job, it doesn't like mud tho. I wouldn't recommend a purchase tho, ours has less than 1000ac and we have broke a ton of those spring packers, hyd cylinder failure, tire failure, & a disc/bearing blew on us just the other day. Horsch has been less than helpful with warranty.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It will do a great job on a warm dry day if straw is still green and tough. I am using my joker in all the lodged valleys in wheat right now and it is leaving a smooth black seedbed chopping wheat up nice. If I go to early in the morning when it's damp it will bunch straw more.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
My neighbor has one, and although it will bury some serious trash, there is always a funny line of residue on one side pass to pass. I don't think it's enough to effect much, just looks like the gps should have had an offset to compensate for draft to one side or something similar to that. He is pretty happy with it.

I have a Salford RTS, but I don't want black fields at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got the rubber coated roller on the back of mine, sticks to it in really wet conditions but never blocks.
I had a lemken Rubin with the same roller as the horsch great machine but after 6 years we were constantly doing disc bearings and the cracks were getting out of hand.
In comparison they are both really good machines the major difference is the penetration of the horsch is far greater than the lemken

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.