The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been looking at a used 9650 walker. The machine has 410 hrs showing and is four years old. Compared to our 9600, it seems to be showing lots of wear for the amount of hours. Is there any way that somebody could have screwed with the hour meter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the corner post mother board can be replaced and the hours have to be put in when it is installed, then you have 5 hrs before it is burnt in and can't be changed. gl

·
Registered
521 Posts
The original hour meter could have been taken out, and replaced with a new one (showing zero hours to begin with). Do not automatically think that someone did this to "trick you", though. My 9600's display, which includes the hour meter, is messed up and I need to replace it. I hate to, though, just because of the conception that you have about the 9650.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There should be several other controlers on board to find the actual hrs , like greenstar display, eo1 , eo2 etc. cross reference these and have the dealer run the serial no. for a history of the combine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So anybody could have changed out the mother board and had a JD Tech reprogram it? or could of a sensor somewhere on the combine been unhooked?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes, anybody can buy a new corner post main board and then has to put in the desired hours. I have done it myself.
There is no sensor on the combine for counting hours.
The engine controller should also count the engine hours, but it would require a laptop hookup to read it, I guess.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The cornerpost is the only controller on the combine where hours are stored. You can check them internally at C03 address 124 and 125 for engine and separator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts