The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a new top air tt 1600 on tracks, how many horses do I need to pull this sprayer. we used my son's JD R6170 today and the tranny was overheating and it seemed to run out of power, I can't hardly believe it, but I think it is too small, it has 170 horses, what is everyone else using to pull these sprayers, thanks,I forgot to say I have to run 3 hydraulics constantly with this sprayer,autoboom, steerable hitch and pump.would this have any effect on the tranny overheating?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a 1700 gallon sprayer, and I think that 170hp might be a bit underpowered for that use, but not by much. I'm thinking 200+ is where you should be at. Besides, reckon the tracks take a little extra power to roll?

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the transmission is over heating there is something else wrong with it I think. I have pulled a 5400 liter sprayer behind a 7730 (similar size and power to a 6170r) without any problems. Big hills, deep sand whatever we through at it, might go slower at times but never overheated.

Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.