The Combine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we've had our 9520 chipped for 3 years now and it works amazing, our 9650 combine was chipped performed flawlessly our 9670 is chipped now also, but we did have trouble with bully dog and ts performace chips in it and they all threw codes, so we have a agricultural diesal solutions in it now and it works great can certainly tell a diffrence for sure, gonna be getting one for the 8330 next year also.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was just curious how they worked on the combines this year. We put a ts in our 9200 tractor this year and it worked well. It was a 25% chip and we plugged and unplugged it (not running) and you could notice the difference pretty good. Was thinking of getting one for the 9660 next year.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Check out steinbauer very expensive but probably best modual on the market,controls the injector itself,does not increase rail pressure like the others.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I sold a few of the ag diesel solutions HP9000 for 9000/9020 series. They all worked very well. Noticeable improvement on all tractors. I'm gonna try and get one on a 9860 next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1. Does a 9200 and 9300 have the same engine, with only the fuel system different ?

2. How much do these units cost ?

I've outgrown my 9200 4x4 and was considering trading it off for a new bigger 4x4. But if these systems are as good as everyone is saying, then there isn't much need in spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I believe the 9200,9300,9400 all have the 12.5 liter and the 9100 has a smaller engine 8.1 liter?.I have a 9400 and plan on chipping it with a steinbauer modual 25% the most important thing about doing this is cooling,take exrtra time and percautions to keep engine cool as possible.Steinbauer is expensive 1950 usd but an engine is 30,000 so in my opinion buy the best modual you can get.We run bully dog on both our combines and @ 30% we melted an engine down,so now 20% is all they get.

·
Registered
479 Posts
At the time we had 9610 combines the chips help a lot for power its just that 30% was a little to much.Got to hot and burned a hole in a piston.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
You can up the Horsepower maybe !0% that's all ,,Please only that 10%
.Fuel delivery is bad..........................................................
I have seen this before.
WHY Make it BAD

·
Registered
778 Posts
It depends what year your 9200 is. Early ones had the 10.5L which is functionally the same as the 12.5L but less displacement. I believe in '99 they put the 12.5L in the 9200 but with the same 310hp as it had before. This would be an ideal machine for a power chip due to the fact that the factory power rating is so low. Very little chance of damaging it. But the 10.5L is ok too. I put a chip on a 10.5L 9200 last week and it is now "a totally different tractor" quoting the customer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My chip was put on the 10.5 engine and it worked great. We lug her pretty hard too. My tractor is a 2000 I think, so I must have been one of the lucky ones to get the smaller motor.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We chipped a 9600 this year. It can be either 10% or 30%. Before the chip, our 9610 had .3-.5 mph advantage in soybeans (both with same 30ft heads). After the chip they were basically side by side with the chip setting at 30%. We also were able to maintain 5-5.5 mph with 8 row corn head in 200+ bushel corn without slowing down to unload on the go. Before the chip we would sometimes have to slow down to below 5 mph when unloading. We had no problems with the engine or anything else after one season. It basically seemed to make the 9600 have the power of a factory set 9610.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts