The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started on beans yesterday and no matter how inset the machine I threashwd pods in the sample
Here are my settings.
450.cylinder speed
14 on the concave which is a sunnybrooke with round bar inserts
600 on the rotors
15 top sieve
12.bottom sieve
Disawing grates closed.
Beans are making 60-65 pretty consistently and are cutting good I just can't get the thrashed pods out of the grain tank it's not a lot of them but it's plenty for going in the grain bin.
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any sieve loss or returns? This was on a 590, but I closed the top sieve and watched losses, think I was around 13 and closed bottom sieve until just a slight amount of returns, down to 9 I think. I've never measured the sieves to display number though, just use it as a reference number so could be different than yours. We weren't in beans anywhere close to as good as yours but had the sample really clean.

·
Registered
244 Posts
willbier,
Try concave at 12mm(measure concave so actual matches the cab display) , top chaffer 12mm ,botton sieve at 5-8mm,fan 1300,watch return for overload. Basicly tighten the lower sieve down untill the return starts to run a few beans and back off a mm. We are running 3-7mm with the long tooth lower sieve.Good Luck

·
Registered
164 Posts
Close your top sieve until losses appear, your top sieve is for cleaning, if you close you bottom two much you will loose the benefit of wind. I always run my bottom the same or more open than my top in all crops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.