The Combine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I forgot to mention that he accidentally sent me a message from a different number (Massachusetts) which was the exact same message from the number I've been working with, it was about the tracking numbers.

I had to respond to the new number to stay in character so I said "sorry the unit is sold to a man in Ohio but will be more than happy to keep this number should original deal fall through".

I really wish I could figure out how to post my entire text conversation of my phone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Got a call from "my windows tech support rep" at Microsoft. (I had no idea microsoft cared SO MUCH as to appoint a dedicated rep). Was standing at the kitchen counter when he called so I methodically followed his instructions while looking at my toaster. The windows "start" button was the toasters "on" button, my windows "desktop" was the "kitchen countertop", and "microsoft "windows" was my kitchen "window", and so on! After my replies to his instructions seemingly made no sense, he totally lost his crap when he asked what make of computer I had, to which I replied "Betty Crocker"! I followed by asking if I needed the internet to complete this tech call! He swore in PERFECT English!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You know I was having fun with this until today.

The peckerhead sent the check to my fake name at a real PO box (I combined my first name with the box holders last) and it came postage due. I'm not sure why this torqued me so much but I had the box holder tell postmaster to return to sender.

I have not contacted Alonzo about this as I am fuming and need to keep my composure to roll the ball. It takes a real piece to run a scam then send the fake check postage due. For God's sake it was 85 cents, pay up prick.

To be continued...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think I'm starting to break Alonzo.

I text him today that the post office refused his package because it was postage due and they are hard to work with. Told him they were returning to sender and I hoped he was still in Vegas to reclaim the package or he may want to cancel the check and issue me a new one. He said he will put a new one in the mail tomorrow should have it by the weekend. I said he could take $50 of the total for this inconvenience. He wanted my house or office address instead of PO box, told him I don't get mail there.

He got snippy and told me to watch USPS tracking and get there immediately when package arrives. I told him I would but if he were to simply put correct postage on then the postmaster would put in my PO box. Resent PO info.

Asked him if he won it big in Vegas and haven't heard back from him yet.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
You better make sure to make a post every day, if not, we might start to think something bad has happened!!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Alonzo seemed happier today. He sent another check with proper postage this time I should have it by Monday.

I asked what the amount was and it was the same amount as previous check. I sent back "You left the extra $50 in? Your a good man Alonzo! We are going to have to get together for a beer when this deal is done!"

He responded "LOL. Thank you"

Really I wonder if it even crosses his mind I'm screwing with him.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Alonzo seemed happier today. He sent another check with proper postage this time I should have it by Monday.

I asked what the amount was and it was the same amount as previous check. I sent back "You left the extra $50 in? Your a good man Alonzo! We are going to have to get together for a beer when this deal is done!"

He responded "LOL. Thank you"

Really I wonder if it even crosses his mind I'm screwing with him.
Hmm...I'm not certain but it seems there's a sincere friendship fostering between you two, right before our very eyes here! :) Careful, you may have ONE EXTRA person to Christmas shop for!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Alonzo is becoming quite unhappy with USPS. The second package he shipped with correct postage went from Las Vegas to Denver to Omaha to Des Moines, IA.... next stop should have been to Waterloo, IA or local post office... instead the package was sent to Lubbock, Texas.

I can't make this up. Good thing I checked had to improvise my next move to screw with him today.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Finally got the check today.

It was Alonzo from Ohio that contacted me to buy it. It was mailed from Las Vegas with the name John Mclovin and return address on it. The check was written with a California bank from True Point Industries.

Gee, maybe its real... uh... no.

Next move I guess...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I found this interesting, although I don't spot the mailing name used within the article I googled that name and this came up.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/fraud-alert-fake-checks-used-variety-costly-scams-n790211

I presume once you have the check were you supposed to indicate that you now have it and have deposited it, and then will come a surprise change of plans as the deal is off and he requires you send a money order or some such back ?. You could say that you've cashed out the check. Then when he has something to say and seems to require his funds back you could say you've already exchanged the USD funds for bitcoin for a more secure method of savings.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well I think Alonzo has given up right at the point we are at the climax. Told him I got his check and the funds are in my possession, he wanted me to send half the shipping to terrydenise gatling vis walmart2walmart and half via western union. After much argument and me saying I won't go to my local walmart because it smells bad he agreed to send it all western union. I told him I would do it in the morning, two days ago but now cannot reach Alonzo.

I may have offended him when I asked if he knew terrydenise was an overweight black woman. He said "LOL not my business" I said if you are into that no harm no foul. He said when I get PIN code to send it to him for the shippers.

I've been trying to contact him for a couple days. I asked if he checked around on shipping because $2900 seems high for a skid loader (this was suppose to be for a chopper head) and I've got nothing.

At this point I am really disappointed. Kept this going for 20 days and I can't even get to the end.

·
Super Moderator
2,607 Posts
Got the CRA call today, certain inprisoment intimate due to my lack of tax paying, my not answering any unrecognized name or number policy continues to solve the bogus call problem.

Couple of weird things about this call though, an actual human voice left a call back message and the number he gave matched the displayed number, hmm..

Called the number back, by voice same guy, told him he’d dialed the wrong number and needed to call 1-403-4, he hang up.
Thought, that was fun, guess the marker can become the markee, called again.

Same guy, I reiterated that he should call my improved number, 1-403-443-5538.
He did not hang up this time and asked who he would reach at that number, told him Don, quickly wished him luck, hung up.
Not sure there’s a Don at the Three Hills RCMP detachment, probably doesn’t matter.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Got the CRA call today, certain inprisoment intimate due to my lack of tax paying, my not answering any unrecognized name or number policy continues to solve the bogus call problem.

Couple of weird things about this call though, an actual human voice left a call back message and the number he gave matched the displayed number, hmm..

Called the number back, by voice same guy, told him he’d dialed the wrong number and needed to call 1-403-4, he hang up.
Thought, that was fun, guess the marker can become the markee, called again.

Same guy, I reiterated that he should call my improved number, 1-403-443-5538.
He did not hang up this time and asked who he would reach at that number, told him Don, quickly wished him luck, hung up.
Not sure there’s a Don at the Three Hills RCMP detachment, probably doesn’t matter.
Be funny to find out Don from RCMP ends up getting scammed...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cptusa did you ever get to the end with Alonzo? I have a current scam starting with a Macdon header I have for sale on kijiji, said they will mail me a $20k certified cheque.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts