The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
a big job but not real bad, remove the shielding above engine,air filter etc... then remove the engine fan, and radiator shroud,drain the coolant, and remove the seperater belt so you can turn the engine, you will have to move the engine forward towards the radiator after splitting from pto. you don`t have to pull the pto, probably will have to pull off railings in the back by ladder to give room for taking engine out the back good luck be careful

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, I pretty much did like you say, but I hit a bit of a snag, the engine doesnt want to seperate from the pto. my dealer said the shaft usually gets a lip on it where it sticks through the bushing in the crank shaft. we unbolted the flex plate and kept turning the engine over with the seperator drive pully and made some headway. hopefully tomorrow I will have it on the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the engine is down but the bushing pulled out of the crank so if I wouldnt have loosened the flex plate I never would have gotton it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah the pilot bushing, it can be a problem should`ve mentioned that, check the tightness of a new bushing on the pto shaft if it`s loose you`ll have to replace the shaft or take it out and have it machined.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts