The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best approach to doing this? It's on old Naxa Single CD head unit with detachable faceplate. I took the faceplate off but didn't see any screws or holes and its fits snug all around.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re: How do you uninstall aftermarket radio on 9600

park it on the bad side of town overnight... works every time.

·
Registered
562 Posts

it requires a special tool. if u buy a new radio that has a removeable face plate it should come with the tools

·
Registered
30 Posts

Got four holes for a release, use four thin cotter pins and will pop out

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Well I realized it's the type you have to slide a flat head on each side and pop out the clips. Heard its a PITA, too. Thanks for the help. I think I'll just leave it in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts

If the interior is the same as a 9610 just remove the overhead console, its around 6 phillips head screw & it will hang off the roof with its own wire supports. Disconnect the radio & power plugs pop the tabs out and it will come straight out....should take about 5 minutes. Re-wiring a new head unit if it's a different brand may take around half hour and thats straight forward aswell.

Have a go you will be surprised how easy it is

·
Registered
340 Posts

I have an aftermarket radio (Shoup) in my 6620. I installed it along with new speakers. The radio seems to have absolutely NO bass.. Just squeaky, "finger-nails on the black board" noise. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
83 Posts

The polarity could be wrong at the speaker connection. Disconnect the speakers & use a multi meter on DC volts..you should get a positive reading between the wires with the red lead to the + and black lead to the -. You may also have electrical interference near the head unit or in the wiring which a noise filter should get rid of. Finally if the radio has been cranked right up your speakers are likely to be stuffed....which I have done with a new set of 6x9's before..sounded awesome till I added way too much base!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts