• 90-100

Votes: 177 71.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how far everyone got this fall. We manage to get to around 75 % complete hoping to maybe continue on but November here looks like nothing will happen till spring now.
100 acres of canola
250 acres of swathed wheat
350 acres of swathed barley
This year goes down for being the worst harvest we have ever had since the late 1960's

·
Registered
881 Posts
Around 300 acres left. Still a small chance we get it, but not certain. Not sure when I give up and start putting combines away for the year.

·
Registered
182 Posts
110 acres of barley, 190 acres of spring wheat, 260 acres soybeans and 210 acres of corn. Might have another 80 to 100 acres of a neighbors corn crop if he doesn't get his combine fixed in time.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Sorry Makar I thought about it after i created the poll and don't know how to edit to included under 50% anybody else know how to do this?
You wish is my command.
A bit klutzy, you care about order?

It’s ok, switched it around keeping votes correct.

Been awhile since a poll was held, good topic Brian!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
To make it even more in depth, you could have included how much fall work done, spraying, fertilizer, etc. It would probably completely invert the results!

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
To make it even more in depth, you could have included how much fall work done, spraying, fertilizer, etc. It would probably completely invert the results!
That would muddy, pardon the expression, harvest results, Brian’s main intention I suspect.

However, a separate poll?!

·
Registered
284 Posts
95% done. We should be all done our corn today but 230 acres of standing flat canola left for overwinter by the looks of it. This has never happened on our 46 year old farm before.

Side note-I so want to try get into a more regular winter routine soon, we are all getting tired. 500+ hours on our dryer so far this fall and now the cattle need tending to.

Also, perhaps the poll should separate 100 from the 90-100 category.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Also, perhaps the poll should separate 100 from the 90-100 category.
While I see your point there are only 10 choices max. Maybe 20% increments would have been ok.
One fellow that rents some of my land is 95% done and happy.
Almost comically, vast majority of what he has left is the 1/2 section I live on.
So I will be harvesting wheat next spring while he seeds. Get to pull my pos Cat engined truck out of storage, good thing it probably is all less than a 2 km haul, lol.
It’s about 80% swathed, yay, more research!
Great way to test 8800 improvements too.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You bet! Crop is all done and liquid manure is pumped, had some extra custom pumped to bail me out. Zero fall tillage done and need to make at least 250 corn stalk bales along with manyre piles. Got a ways to go, warming up need to get rid of snow and thaw out.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

In my area virtually no one does any fall work (other then a few that super harrow) or fert in the fall here anymore. I one of the few that have returned to tilling, or i should say compact discing the land in the fall and due to wetness we didn't get anything worked this fall.
i just wanted to see mainly how far along the actual harvest was coming as compared to what we all read in the news.
To my amazement early on in this poll that there is actually much more done than i had expected.

·
Registered
905 Posts
About 78% done. Have just sunflowers left. I think we should be able to get them without any issues. Just need another day or 2 of 40F weather.

·
Registered
36 Posts
90% done. 200 acres of canola, 60 oats and 150 of flax will have to wait until spring. Absolutely no fall work done. I am going to be glad when I can look at 2019 in the rearview mirror, and give it the finger haha.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,662 Posts
So are your weather predictors any good over there. If you know this weather/winter freeze is coming why not get more machines in?
No machines available?
or is it just a case of the crops not fit or ready to do even tho you know the weather is coming............

Dum Ozzy here with no idea what it’s like over there..........

1 - 20 of 96 Posts