The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting angry that 9 times out of 10 that I try to post something on this forum and it doesn't go through. It is probably my internet provider, but it is still frustrating when I spend 30 minutes trying to type something to try and help somebody out, and it just vanishes. Any thoughts? Is farmerjones responsible? (just had to toss that out there :D}

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
I am getting angry that 9 times out of 10 that I try to post something on this forum and it doesn't go through. It is probably my internet provider, but it is still frustrating when I spend 30 minutes trying to type something to try and help somebody out, and it just vanishes. Any thoughts? Is farmerjones responsible? (just had to toss that out there :D}
You could be experiencing some type of time out with your connection since its sitting in an inactive state during your composition.

For something long winded, I would suggest composing it in another format, such as in your notes if you are using a phone, then just copy and paste it in the reply to topic box or in your new thread on the forum.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Only had it happen a couple times and I think my connection had dropped somehow or I took too long to reply. (As in started to reply and went to do something else and came back to finish my reply.) It also does that if you get logged out somehow.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
You could have posted your tractor demo thread.:)
Still trying to find some notes for my combine demo thread...I was looking for my scribbler again tonight! I think if I stop looking it will turn up.:rolleyes: I don't have a lot to add to what I already have said on the tractors except to compile it and put in a separate thread. I'll work on that soon.;)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Timeout or Logoff

You could be experiencing some type of time out with your connection since its sitting in an inactive state during your composition.

For something long winded, I would suggest composing it in another format, such as in your notes if you are using a phone, then just copy and paste it in the reply to topic box or in your new thread on the forum.
I share the frustration. Specially on the long , detailed posts that I put a lot of work into , push the submit button , and it says I am logged out and I can not get back in without losing everything . Probably happens almost on 50% of the long posts. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try adjusting your message editor interface. Go into your 'User CP', then click on 'Edit Options', scroll to the very bottom and the second or third option from the bottom says something like "Edit message editor interface". If this setting is too high it may cause problems when you try to make posts/comments, there is three different settings so select the setting that is less advanced than the one you currently have. Hope this helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.