The Combine Forum banner

How many hours on your4xx and 5xx machines

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  willbierfarms 
#1 ·
I am curious about how many hours you have on your Lexions. I have about 2000 separator hours on mine and would like to know your preventative maintenance program besides greasing.

How do you inspect your combine bearings, belts, etc... Are there bearings that you just replace every few years as insurance or do you run until failure?

I am thinking that many of my bearings should be replaced just incase, maybe I am wrong?

Discussion starter · #11 · (Edited)
Willbier, were you able to determine the cause of your 485 fire? What grease do you use in your bearings.

I was told the only bearing you can over grease is the chopper bearings, is that correct?

Has anyone considered a dumbed down version of the claas autolube system that would not include every 500 grease fitting and just put a system on the major rotating bearings. APS, Cyl, impellor, primary countershaft, and maybe a fewe others. Seems like that would be simple enough to do. What are we talking about maybe 10 bearings that would be lubed during the heat of the day while they are operating.

Static greasing is good, but I have to believe that greasing a warm rotating bearing would be best and they would probably last forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.