The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
We had a 9610..if you can jump to a 9650, or similar rotor go for it..Much bigger capacity with out the walker loss...
9650's are an arm and a leg for maintenance costs. I've heard of multiple people dumping 50K+ after the 2500 hr mark. not many around my area for that reason.

we actually just picked up a 99 9610. Very happy so far. 2650 sep hrs, dual chaff spreader, and fine straw chopper (must have). Will last us many years on our smaller farm. Give plenty of room to do custom as well. was in 55 bu spring wheat this weekend going 3.5 mph. Definitely could have pushed harder but was in no rush and wanted to get used to the combine (my first!). threw more off the header then anything. there are some great upgrades for these machines that will let you pass the 9650's and nearly keep up with some of the rotors. for the price difference I'd go with the 9610 if you can get a good price and install performance parts as time and cost permits.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.