The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We run a Parker 739 behind our 4760 Deere FWA. Seems there is a lot of weight on the hitch with this cart but we have never had anything else to compare to. A larger cart would be nice this fall as we have upgraded combines and keeping up with a 750 bu cart is going to be borderline especially in oats. Power has never been an issue for us, we have flat firm dirt. What can I look at that may put a little less stress on the hitch and give me another 100 to 150 bu capacity? What are others using with a comparative sized tractor? Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We pulled a 850 bu. Brent cart with a 4960.
Replaced the Brent with a Bourgault 1100 bu.
Hitch weight is no longer an issue.

·
Registered
839 Posts
J&M seems to put less weight on the hitch. I think my 750 puts between 2500 and 3500 lbs there which never was a problem for our 4640.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most cart manufacturers list the empty and loaded hitch weight. I bought a new cart last year, which is double the size of my old J&M and my loaded hitch weight went down:) Go figure! Still need to be able to pull it.

GS

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
We always used to run a chain round the link arms and under the drawbar on our 8400's and 4960, that was after the drawbar bolts sheered in the bell housing under one of the 4960 carting wet corn across pivot tracks one year and caused a few problems trying to fix it. now with the 8320R's the drawbar is man for the job so we dont run a chain any more, we even take the link arms of the tractors to save weight. we were running Kinze carts when it got ripped off the tractor, we run Brents now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, my bad, I should have dug a little deeper with the sales guys before posting. When you ask the question, hitch weights are usually available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you have to be careful otherwise the hitch will fall off don't shift down a lot because it is hard wear and tear on the hitch but you shouldn't have any problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts