The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering about rainfall totals this growing season so far. Here are mine.

Near Mendooran NSW

April 6mm (2 events)
May 20mm (3 events)
June 48.5mm (2 events)
July 9mm (1 event)

Total 83.5mm 49% of norm (Average for this period should be around 170mm)

Wouldn't mind a drink ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Jan 0, Feb 50, Mar 22, April 70, May 70, June 52, July 27 and raining as I type.

50mm above average GSR at this stage. Early crops are as good as I've ever seen, later ones are starting to catch up. 30km south and east its too wet with plenty of washed out areas/paddocks and incomplete sowing programs. One mate has 200ac washed out and 800 not sown. Another has a similar area of pre-irrigated black ground not sown either. Most corn still standing in paddocks, to wet for harvesters.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Stopped measuring it, to frustrating for me measuring 1s and 2s.
Haven't had a fall over 15mm since April.

But I'd guess if you add them all up you might get somewhere around what peters had.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Were you hotter than normal in May and June?

View attachment 39657
Looking good mate! Yeah, absolutely hotter. Crops got away a lot quicker than normal. I was very aware of sowing dates and stuck to my normal sowing times. Most people around here went earlier, that combined with the warmth means their crops are very advanced. We have a nasty habit of getting frosts here later in the season, I would be concerned with some of the crops I see around here, hope they don't get frosted. Especially a few people who thought Suntop was a later season wheat than Gregory :confused::eek: That thought could end up hurting. What about down there?

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Very much the same, that's our first wheat sowing, around 4th may on a canola stubble and its our most advanced. Very happy we mixed up our sowing program and dragged it out about a week latter than normal aim. Had moisture, warm days. Would think there is wheat near out in head sowing last week of April.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
July 81.2 thus far
June 199.2
May 92.6
April 40 (from plant date)

413mm so far, wetter than last year, crop is suffering, have trace elements and magnum plus UAN sitting there ready to go.

Looking forward to having crop on hill country next year....

Ant...

·
Registered
549 Posts
July 81.2 thus far
June 199.2
May 92.6
April 40 (from plant date)

413mm so far, wetter than last year, crop is suffering, have trace elements and magnum plus UAN sitting there ready to go.

Looking forward to having crop on hill country next year....

Ant...
That is ridiculous! Not sure that is an ideal wheat growing climate.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
May & June is double or normal average, was certainly not like this when first shifted to Portland and I'm pretty certain it won't stay that way either!

Will most likely be putting in spring barley on my 45 acre block next yer under sown to Lucerne, watch me get the driest spring on record!! Followed by the wettest summer....

Ant....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.