The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The cage as a whole? I have no idea how many hours is in the book but your dealer should be able to give you an estimate. The bars wont take much time at all once the rotor has been pulled. The concave is where your huge labor bill will come from. Since your gonna go through the trouble of replacing the concave Id look into a PFP concave and rotor bars. In most cases aftermarket performs better and are slightly cheaper to buy.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pull the rotor and replace the cylinder bars. While rotor is out, remove and replace the entire concave assembly, which I believe requires removal of the rock door as well. All depends on how much torch work it takes to get some hardware to come loose. I'd bid the job at 16 hrs subject to things going well.(or not).

·
Registered
410 Posts
We pulled our concave out of our 72 a year ago this fall. First time I had ever done one. Rock door has got to come out, it is what holds the front side of the assembly. We fought it like the 3rd monkey on the gang plank of Noah's Ark. It will only come out and go in one way it tight even doing it the right way. I would agree with drallis, since I have done one I could probably do another in 16 hours but everything will have to go really smooth.

·
Registered
219 Posts
84 hours! that's over two weeks of labour working 8hr days at the dealership. I think the 16-20 hours should be enough. R & R rotor and do bars should be 5hrs max, never done a concave yet and doesn't look fun but 80 hrs, that's a lot of coffee breaks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It has been 18years since I worked on a 62 but I don't remember taking the stone door off to get the concave out . It will come out the back and is heavy and clumsy took us 8 hr. out and back in, in field no torch

·
Registered
549 Posts
Took the concave and grate out of my R50 this spring, was around six hours all told. Hardest part was getting the rock door/pins/hinge bushing out that was kind of a bugger. Just my son and I. Really not that bad a job. Is a 62 that much more difficult? Don't know if I'd want to do it without an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I agree once you get multiple guys on a unit the time adds up quick but you shouldn't be paying for techs to sit on their hands for 1/2 of the job. I can't see two or three guys staying busy for a couple days on a job like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.