The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never used Reglone. Always used gly with great results, unfortunately its so wet and gloomy and cool this season im gonna need more of a kick to get crops to the bin on time.

Tell me about how to get the most affect out of reglone on flax. Type of weather, moisture in air, amount of water etc etc.

I usually needed to wait 3-5 weeks to harvest flax after glyphosate. How much time after Reglone till combine could roll???

Is reglone really worth the $$$ or would I be better to simply use glyphosate and wait???

Can I tank-mix glyphosate with Reglone???

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Best results come with lots of water. Also spraying early in morning on heavy dew is best. Shd be able to combine depending on weather 10-14 days. Use 20 gal/ac

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have had best luck in the evening or after dark.
The guide to crop protection also says apply on a cloudy day or in the evening.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Best sprayed in evening and into dark actually. More water the better, at least 15 gal/ac. Use a good surfactant, highly recommend LI700. 7-10 days and it will be ready, seeds might not be dry though. It does not speed up the seed change, only plant dry down. It's nearly impossible to dry flax in aeration bin. Can't mix glyphosate and reglone. Don't have to spray it so early, so you can leave it sit longer and get more yield and still have same combine time. Flax combines best after a frost anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts