The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having trouble getting to 8010 chopper bearing on left hand side.

We removed the big pulley from the outside and the snap ring and locking collar that holds the bearing into the two speed gears. question is how to remove the two speed gears and the chopper pulley, on the parts list it shows a retainer behind the outside twospeed collar, however I see no way to get a puller just on the collar so just wondered how people have gone about this. I would ask the dealer but its sunday and per usual no one around.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the big pulley off no problem, but I am not sure about the second part you say loosen the set screws off the bearing and use big puller. are you talking about the seven set screws behind the triple pulley and then putting the puller on the triple pulley and pulling everything off including the bearing on the small shaft in front of the gears the run the chopper?? The parts catalog showed two retainers behind the bearing on the small shaft, and I was not sure what they held on

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks I got it changed. just one addition before putting the puller on, you should take a 2X4 and hit the end with the bearing and the gears, this moves the entire assembly back and loosens it from the locking hub, then it pulls off like nothing.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.