The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're just about to wrap up " on tour" with our custom cutting loop for the year here in the next week or so ( if the weather cooperates) and our deutz R62 has gotten to where it runs a little warmer than it used to. The fan does look a little thinner than on my R70. I was wondering 3 things about changing it. First how hard is it going to be? Second how to go about doing it. And third is there any kind of aftermarket or straight from deutz option or would I have to go through AGCO?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Changed fan on an R70 about 7 years ago. Got fan from Stewart & Stevenson. They are a world wide Deutz distributor in the oil & gas industry. It cost about $250 at that time when AGCO was over $700. Dealer told me that the AGCO one had a coating on blades & that was why it was so much more. Used the machine for six years in wheat & milo, about 100 hours per year, & didn't notice it wearing out any faster. Sold combine with that fan on it & it was still in good shape. Just had to give Stewart & Stevenson serial # from engine. I looked online for Deutz parts & there are many sites. As best I can remember, I made some special tools to change fan, but it wasn't that hard. If you can locate a service manual, that is very helpful.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I started using the standard blade from Gleaner due to not believing the coated lasted any longer. I found most all Original equipment parts for Deutz same price from Gleaner as another distributer. Maybe not that way these days so worth a couple calls. Not hard to get blower assembly out but would be smart to have dealer that has done it or has a manual replace it for you. If you are near a Butler store they would ship no charge to one of the stores that are familiar if you requested that. Be sure to replace the rubber drive rollers and the guide bushing in the drive box to be sure everything is running square when reinstalled

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good idea to replace the rubber drive rollers while in there. Replace the bearings as well. I don't recall if there was one or two but I do remember the tech taking out a bearing seal so it will be lubricated by engine oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.