The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing custom heavy discing, and never sure which acres should be counted. Have both GPS and acre meter on disc. Often in very challenging conditions, not big square farmland.

Customers would prefer field acres by perimeter. But total acres covered are much higher when including going around obstacles, overlap, odd shaped fields, corners or headlands etc.

Rental discs are by the acre meter, so if it is half way in the ground when turning on the headlands, it still counts.

GPS, by stopping and starting every time the disc is lifted partially or fully.

What is standard practice, what is fair to all parties?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Hourly, then you aren't penalized for having to slow down if it's rougher than he!!.

Are you in the fields already? I was just remembering we had talked about making comparisons back in the winter about how different or similar our climates are, I believe it was you? Well, if you are in the fields now, you have at least a two week jump on me. Still a lot of snow banks and can't get the drills out of the snow yet, one is still over half buried. Finally have Robins now though!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hourly, then you aren't penalized for having to slow down if it's rougher than he!!.

Are you in the fields already? I was just remembering we had talked about making comparisons back in the winter about how different or similar our climates are, I believe it was you? Well, if you are in the fields now, you have at least a two week jump on me. Still a lot of snow banks and can't get the drills out of the snow yet, one is still over half buried. Finally have Robins now though!!
My own fields, no. But have some custom work on much different soil types which are ready any time now. Still have the odd snow bank in the shade, and mostly mud at home, but as usual, we are the last place to warm up, even within a few miles of here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts