The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year we made a jump from an "M" to a "R62". We are getting cobs in the clean grain both big and small. We even get them when the chaffer is totaly closed. The cobs are broke up, ground up and/or split. We have changed the concave clearance from "8 - clean out" on the scale. We have also changed our cylinder speed from 250-350. What are we missing?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it an 8 bar rotor? Is the front of the concave still set for wheat? Separator grate set too tight? Take a shelled cob and see how it fits between the concave and rotor should be snug from the front to back of concave. Also same on separator grate. Might have concave open too far and cobs are tumbling and breaking. Eight bar rotors are tough to get the sample perfect.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you have steep helical on threshing side? If not then you are dumping the right half of concave back on the left half and double threshing it and overloading left side. That will grind a lot of cobs, consume lots of power and wear concave out on left side. I don't run any reverse bars on threshing side either. Make sure concave clearance is the same from front to back. Front setting around the mid point should be in the ballpark if gauge is set right.

·
Registered
164 Posts
To throw out an idea,check the cage on the exit in front of the impeller or chopper . I had an N6 that had a big hole from a worn out grate. I've never seen a 62, but would image it'd be somewhate similiar as my R50 has something similiar. The sample was horrible until I found this and that piece was replaceable by itself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Concave. 1/2 to 3/4, sieve almost wide open, chaffer 1/2 open, air 7 ,rotor 250 to 300 worked pretty good in corn up to 22% after that it can get ugly. If you are getting whole cob in the bin I would look for a hole,also if your helicals are wore down it will grind everything

Edit to add front of concave usually in mid position, and bad things can happen combining corn with the top in the clean out position I should have taken pics

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.