The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modified their straw spinners with the curved bats to get an wider spread? In a perfect windstill day we get 25'-30', but if there is a slight breeze it comes down to about 15'. Would love it if i could get an wider spread. Is their any modifications, settings or after sale product to get an wider spread?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have tried adjusting the pitch of the bats, only seems to throw the straw into the back wheels. we double swath 30' that gives us 60' which gives us great productivity, but is a nightmare the next year through the planter.

·
Registered
370 Posts
adapted jd 6600 spreaders on to the old white 9700 combines, had them ow enough to pick up the chaff, and angled slightly up in the rear, built a guide vane on the front sides to direct the flow and made the pans larger diameter. we were in 50 ft swaths and the spread was around 35 ft . also had angled risers on the pans to grab the material and help accelerate it. minimal hp as opposed to a chopper and virtually no maintenance. the vanes were about 2.5 inches tall and we had several holes drilled in the pan so as to be able to change the angle of the vanes readily, although once we found a sweet spot it did not change much if ever. the secret to the spread is the rpm of the pans and they did have rubber belt strips that were outside the pan 6 or 8 inches.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Jjbg I saw and then made up a curved divider that hung down the back of the spreaders so as to keep the straw on the spreaders longer till about the furthest point back. With the divider on u don't need the vanes holding it all on which causes it to go around past the widest point and throw towards the wheels. Made a huge difference and it would throw onto the next row at 35ft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.