The Combine Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
When I was a kid my dad painted all of his tools bright yellow so he could spot them when he lost them in the field. 30 years later I still see his tools and have found several of them in the field. He always seemed to leave a few on the frame of his equipment.
I go through a lot of cans of fire red tremclad, just for that purpose. my favorite go to hammer which is an old stone hammer, found it on the field road without realizing i had lost it. everything is red, Lol. Even stuff i use on the john deere tractor, if it can fall off it is red.
i haven't tried it yet, but, i was going to try some glass beads (sandblasting) on wet paint so it would reflect bright at night if headlights hit it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
That stupid laser etching is the worst, same problem with the eyes, also i think the street signs are getting more fuzzier than i remember, must be poor QA, LOL.
Oh man... I hate that lazer etching. My vintage SnapOn's from the 70's are still easier to read than some I've picked up in the last 10 years. I bought letter stamps (just 2, for my initials) back when I worked in shops to ID my tools. The ones I stamped in the 70's are still legible. I stamped sockets on the sides, but on top of the larger ones would probably be easier.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts