The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper way to remove the cylinder, in particular, in regards to the return elevator system? I am going to pull it, as the bars are worn, has a slight twist, and some bars are higher than others.

A boronized sunnybrook is ready for install. I am wondering if I should install the goose feet for corn beans and wheat or leave them out. I think they might break corn cobs, or possibly cause seed damage on soybeans, but not sure.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Seedcleaner I wish my memory was better. You unhook the elevator chain. The elevator housing splits apart just above the bottom housing where the sprocket is. There are about 4-5 bolts on the top to take off and I think 1 or 2 in the middle of the elevator housing. Once you get all the bolts off pull the whole housing off away from the bottom part and remove in one piece. For the cylinder you have to take the ring of bolts off on the right side and the 4 bolts on the the left side around the bearing. I pulled out the cylinder with the gear box attatched with a engine puller. Make sure the concave is set as tight as possible for the cylinder to slide on as it comes out the right side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.