The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to reset the hopper percentage on the s690? We read the manual and were still not able to figure it out. We are able to get it to go to zero when empty however the percentage does not correspond to the fill rate or the dump rate. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset the hopper percentage on the s690? We read the manual and were still not able to figure it out. We are able to get it to go to zero when empty however the percentage does not correspond to the fill rate or the dump rate. Thanks.

When hopper is full, reset it to 100% full by pushing the Grain Tank full icon. It will count down when dumping and count up when filling correctly ONLY if the yield monitor is calibrated correctly and keeps working correctly. The physical 3/4 full and 4/4(full) sensors are adjustable in the grain tank. These sensors are independent of the theoretical % grain tank level system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you get your hopper full where you want it? Push the full hopper icon and it will reset it at 100%. Then I or you can go and adjust your in hopper sensors so that physically they will not run over your hopper but that all depends grain moisture for example 25% corn vs. 13% soybeans would fill and be different. But you can reset your full hopper icon when you are combining in 13% soybeans too. What I do is fill hopper just about full so I have a little room to spare, then push your full hopper icon to reset it if you understand what i mean? It is a little trail and error. Until you get it "right" !? I really like the feature because you know how full your hopper is as far as calling the grain cart operator " in advance" before your combine is full and stopped!! It will show you on your monitor system how full you are in lbs. and once you know how many lbs make a full hopper of 25% corn ( for example 28,000 lbs.) are instead of guessing by trying to look in your hopper, much more efficient!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here.

Mounted a video camera on the bin extension a few years ago. BEST THING EVER. Even better this year as 2630 software now lets you put a video screen in a corner of the run screens. Played with tank % on new to us S680 but there was no advantage to using it compared to video.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
The camera system works really well. You do have to get up there and clean the dust off occasionally. Well worth the $$

Screen Sky Electronics Technology Electronic device

Screen Sky Multimedia Electronic device Technology

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a question about this, our 2013 S680 will let you enter the empty level but the full level is always greyed out so not even a option to enter it. anyone know what the reason for that is or how to fix it? yield and mass flow are calibrated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts