The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What he was trying to say was that the sensors and potentiometers on the 1020 head talk to the potentiometers on top of the feeder house to make the head respond to cutter height.

If you have no potentiometer on the top of the feeder house you have no AHHC on your combine.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi
One pot on top of feeder is for afs.
The other is for feeder position,does work with ahhc.
But if you do not have a harness for the header height pot to connect to your ahhc will not work.
On the controls inside the cab do you have a small knob with a AHHC ,RTC,M and such ?

Amax

·
Registered
191 Posts
This fall we purchsed a 2188 that was advertised as having automatic header height control. I am renting a 1020 flex header, and there is no place for me to hook up the 3 wire round plug that comes from the cable actuator on the header. I called the salesman about this problem of the missing harness on our combine, suspecting that we were sold a false bill of goods. He claims that we do in fact have AHHC, but that it has nothing to do with the sensor on the header. Instead the 3- wire round plug is used in conjunction with the field tracker option (which we don't have)and the other 5 pin plug.
He went on to say that our AHHC is controlled by the potentiometers on the top of the feederhouse. This makes no sense to me at all, as the AHHC needs some sensor to input whether to move the header up or down.
Can someone clarify this for me? As is obvious, in our area we have little to do with flex headers and AHHC, so it is understandable that we have limited info/knowledge in this area.

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, in the cab we have a 4 position knob for float, RTC, M, and HT. as well as the header position control knob. We do not have the third switch, the header position control switch on that row.
We also do not have any of the field tracker (3) knobs.
On the feederhouse we have 2 pot's located on either side at the top, as well as a second one on the left side that uses wire about 3" long as a "feeler".

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think you have a combine without AHHC. If it does not have the sensitivity adjusting knob next to the header height knob there is no way to set the AHHC or the float. You only have manual and return to cut (the black box on the feeder house).TORQUE

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm not sure Kirby. I was hoping someone here knew. It looks like a header height limit switch or something. Here is a pic of it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The switch tells the field tracker (if you have it) to level the head when raised also shuts off the oil flow to the accumulator (if you have it) so the head won't bounce when raised. TORQUE

·
Registered
191 Posts
Okay, with all this information I am figuring that I was led down the garden path by the dealer as far as actually having AHHC. THe next question is- What all do I need to do to purchase and install to have my AHHC working? From what some of you are saying, I have some of the necessary equipment, but not all. Is that correct?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Used to do quite a few of these when the 2100 series was a new model. The parts needed are:
1 of 114551A1 potentiometer for header sensitivity on console
1 of 118780A1 knob
1 of 142553A1 feeder house harness for AHHC
1 of 9861407 cover for harness plug
1 of 1988723C1 bracket to mount plug on feeder house

After installation, go into the combine configuration screen in the A post and tell it that you have AAHC. The procedure is in the ops manual.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I think I'm in the same situation with a 2166 I just bought - was told it had it but now I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Seedman, (or anybody else out there) did you end up installing AHHC? If so, how much did everything cost, and how did the install go?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts