The Combine Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Okay so I talked to the guys who write the EspRTK firmware (see ESPrtk blog for DIY User - ESP32 RTK. and ESPrtk - Homepage) and they are planning to add a feature that can be enabled to automatically add the 1008 message while sending data to the NTRIP caster. So in your case, @FlyNs, this might be something you want to check out. Essentially they sell a piece of software that runs on a cheap ESP32 microprocessor board, that connects directly to the UART of your F9P. The ESP32 has built-in wifi, so it uses that to connect to your existing wifi to talk to the NTRIP caster, like rtk2go.com. Some assembly required, but not far off of turn key.

They charge 10 euros for their firmware. It's worth a look if you don't mind a little soldering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I ordered up a bunch of parts/pieces.. I gonna give it a shot! That ESPrtk blog is pretty good, lots of information. Thank you for pointing me in their direction! Should I reach out to them to ask about the 1008 insertion?

Thanks again!
Mark

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
They told me they plan to have that in their next firmware release, which I believe will be version 3.0. Won't be released until February, but if you email them (they have contact information on their web site), they might be able to let you try it earlier if you're wanting to get something running before then.

Which F9P board did you order? The Sparkfun board? For best results I recommend making sure the GPS antenna is a L1/L2 antenna. A lot of cheaper ones are just L1. I've had good luck using the ublox ANN-MB-00 antenna (I got it from digikey). It's a nice weatherproof magnetic mount antenna.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went with the ardusimple and esp32 wroom. the ardusimple kit I ordered comes with that ublox antenna. I also ordered a globe similar to the ones the guys have been talking about over at New Ag Talk, It will be interesting to see if there is any difference. I might fire them an email, but honestly it could take me that long to get everything put together.. :)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Sounds good. When you wire things up be sure to feed 3.3v into the "Vref" pin of the ardusimple so that all the uart pins are running at 3.3v levels. I've heard rumors the ESP32 is 5v tolerant on its i/o pins, but I'm not sure!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts