The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yeah, but my employer frowns on looking at that stuff while at work...

Oh...wait...you are talking about other kinds of videos, right?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
It wouldn't take long to film for a breakdown

Sorry i just had to say it......

The best thing about you tube is all the farming videos on it..i don't see how guys do it...id almost have to talk someone into doing it cause we sure don't have time for it...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I can't believe how quickly people jump on the Deere bashing wagon around here. I think it's something interesting to watch no matter which manufacturer.puts it up. Thanks for the link Tom. My dad used to always say that there are two types of farmers, the ones who run John Deere, and those who wish they did (or wish they could afford to).

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Oh i was just haveing fun...it wasn't mean spirited by any means....

There must be another option to that...cause there's many farmers who don't fit that bill..

·
Registered
77 Posts
The JD bashing is so retarded do u guys not have anything better to do.. go on the case forum and talk up the reds then.. f you wanna bash jd then do it on the case forum not this one... thanks for posting that would be a cool cam.... i get to go on gold key tour in April im excited.. to see one or more of our 6 machines getting built..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Deere could make a pretty good vid if they would show more behind the scenes stuff (R&D, in field endurance tests, breakdowns, etc). But i doubt they ever will show the interesting stuff.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly Nebraska. Color wars and brand-bashing are NOT allowed. It seems some here have either forgotten, or just can't get it through their thick head. We mean business here. Jono et al, if you can't say anything decent, then keep your opinions to yourselves. This is a good thing, aimed at entertaining those of who don't just like John Deere, but ALL combines.

Jono, any further disruptions will result in a vacation from this place, too.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
My employer has a great saying, "Good iron is good iron."

I have a good friend who's a hard core Deere customer (my store's biggest customer in terms of sales volume, when I worked for Deere) who I always enjoyed bantering with. One day, after listening to him ramble on and on about his perceived merits of different brands of tractors, without even thinking, I uttered the words "Paint doesn't pull."

Usually people who engage in color-bashing are ignorant and probably deserving of pity, as they haven't been exposed to much diversity regarding equipment brands. When I worked for JD I didn't sit by and listen to people run down other brands and now that I sell red, I sure as heck don't put up with people trying to run down JD.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh no - the great and inspirational one has threatened me with a vacation - woooooh.

I have very little issue with John Deere machines, more with one eyed JD lovers who have never looked anywhere else. Like the guys on the header threads that despite everyone saying the Macdon FD is the ants pants say" yeah wait for the JD hydraflex it will kick the Macdons ass"

These people are who I have issues with.

See you all in a week.

Jono

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Cut the name-calling, Jono. You know full well that YOU brought this on. Everyone here was just fine with Tom's post, until you made a very crude remark.

The Harvester Works cam has NOTHING to do with the gross, disgusting matter you brought up.

As I said. If you don't like it, don't read it.

No one here needs to be subjected to your filth.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just wondering if anybody know's when that webcam will be in operation? The JD hydraflex will kick macdon's a** once they get there duck's in a row with it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm surprised that they're doing that considering how most mfgr.'s feel insecure about the competition seeing and picking up a trade secret.

Back thru the years I've toured Wilrich, Versatile, a potash mine in Canada, Parker Hanifin hydraulics, the GM Corvette factory in Bowling Green Ky., Budweiser,Jack Daniels distillery etc. etc.... and no pictures or filming was allowed in any of these places.

Deere and a few other co.'s apparently want a more "open door" policy nowadays to help promote sales.

·
Registered
504 Posts
LOL, they are the ones that stole it in the first place!!
They do appear to have a bad problem of letting other companies do the R&D then either copying or buying them up. At least thats the way it looks to me. Tom don't bash me either.
I like JD's but think there's better machines for my operation...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts