The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 9610 and was wondering how well a flex header would work in wheat and what is the best way to hook a single point hook up header to a multi point harvester

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you to a hydra flex, you need the kit to convert the pressure system. I've seen it on 9600. Your JD dealer can set you up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this is my first combine and i bought a 925 flex its a1999 model it has the and plastic grabbers on the auger here in california the wheat is usually tall any tips on harvesting wheat

·
Registered
83 Posts
We used a 930f flex head on our 9610 for wheat and it works fine. If the crop is really thin which I dont think is an issue in the states the heads can fall out the front.
The best setup for wheat is to run a string line across the front and adjust platform so its locked up in the rigid position and adjust level of the platform so the knife is as straight as you can get it. Replace any worn knives which will ensure a nice cut and better ground speed......set up the 9610 by grabbing a handful of grain & throw it over the bottom seive adjusting to where the grain starts to fall through. Set the rest of the cleaning section as per deere specs and you should have a nice clean sample in the bin!!
We just bought a 936D for our 9610 and personally I dont think I will use the flex anymore..the conversions are really easy!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
do yourself a favour and get rid of the 900 series. 630 hydra flex best front ive had. goes just as hard in wheat as my macdon because of the better cut. 635 were prone to vibrations and cracking as well as bouncing the reel up and down giving your fingers a trim. If you dont want to spend the coin on a pressure kit for the combine just remove the valve on the right side of the front and put a 3 way tap there. Then you can adjust the pressure with the reel hight systme then lock it there. I wouldnt expect much change from about 6 grand to do the whole genuine conversion.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Would an air reel help when running a flex head in short wheat? I would think it would help push it back under the auger. If it does work i would think that would be cheaper then 2 heads also farmerjones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and does anybody use the lankota hook up updates for newer headers to older combines or are there better ones out there

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you need to 'put the filler wire in the concave for wheat
and do you have to take the ware plates out on the cylinder if they have holes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts