The Combine Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
You're right. Best thing to do in this situation is blame renewables :rolleyes:
Primer, where did I put the blame on wind and solar. Just pointing out that pumping water out of a lake and building there is precarious to begin with and continues to be. Listen to the mayor. Pumps are running ten months of the year to keep it sustainable. It’s no secret that government policy is pushing for a complete overhaul of where our energy is obtained. Do you believe it is a good idea to develop on a lake bed that requires pumping nearly constantly? What could possibly go wrong? Patch things up for now and act surprised when it happens again.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Globe and mail article yesterday someone from CN stated couple weeks before they could get "limited" traffic going.
Same article had a picture of CP main line.
Here it is
That tank hill overpass is done. That thing be months before that is operational and that is if you could patch it up and to me it looks like tear it out and start over.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Princess Auto website banner:

Western province customers: expect shipping delays due to the current weather situation in B.C.

Thinking Eastern stores maybe supplied by eastern ports.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That don’t really look that bad. The substructure looks intact and must have been excavated originally when it was built. 2 weeks is definitely optimistic.
I too think that two weeks seems rather optimistic. When the CN trestle bridge near Mayerthorpe burnt down it took them 20 days to build a new bridge. And that was in April and May, so the weather was better, and I'm going to assume that the access to the site might have been easier. Possibly the ground conditions might even be better to work with. I don't doubt that they will have that rail line up as quick as they can. I don't think 2 weeks is enough, unless they are planning on a dukes of hazzard ramp on each end..

·
Registered
521 Posts
I too think that two weeks seems rather optimistic. When the CN trestle bridge near Mayerthorpe burnt down it took them 20 days to build a new bridge. And that was in April and May, so the weather was better, and I'm going to assume that the access to the site might have been easier. Possibly the ground conditions might even be better to work with. I don't doubt that they will have that rail line up as quick as they can. I don't think 2 weeks is enough, unless they are planning on a dukes of hazzard ramp on each end..
Maybe but, the Mayerthorpe trestle bridge and more specifically the rail line it served was far less important, might have one train a day over it.

·
Super Moderator
4,558 Posts
Situations like this normally prompt a shoot first and ask questions later stance.
While a select few pricks will try to milk the system, the majority just want to help.
Funny thing about human nature.

I have no problem with that.
A critical and catastrophic event like this requires full attention of all!

Remember when Drumheller activated flood mitigation in 05, the Dairy Queen made sure all workers ate…for free.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Situations like this normally prompt a shoot first and ask questions later stance.
While a select few pricks will try to milk the system, the majority just want to help.
Funny thing about human nature.

I have no problem with that.
A critical and catastrophic event like this requires full attention of all!

Remember when Drumheller activated flood mitigation in 05, the Dairy Queen made sure all workers ate…for free.
Does Dairy Queen own shares in a tolet paper company? Asking for a friend

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Did anyone catch a interview or direct quote from someone directly involved in making the repairs when the news first started reporting on the infrastructure that was destroyed?

You know, go ask someone who actually knows what they are talking about and then present that to the public.

Yeah, it's an antiquated way of running a news organization.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts