The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when I was around Alva, OK for Christmas the wheat around there although drought stricken still looked pretty good. It was brown in some places but looked like overall that it would be in good shape. The wheat in western kansas really looks pretty good so far, we have had great moisture for it and if we get a good spring with no late freezes and a few more inches of much needed snow during the winter and couple that with a few inches of rain during the spring I think you could see very above average yields. Central Kansas is a little dry, the yields right now I would predict to be average to a little above.

How does it look in TX? NE? SD? ND? MT? Other parts of Oklahoma?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alex, I'll have to agree with you about the wheat here in Central Kansas. We are getting pretty dry but for the most part the wheat looks good. A good rain or snow would really be nice and some colder tempuratures also. 64 degrees in Wichita today on 1-1-06. Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mine hasn't sprouted yet.If we get some rain and it stays wet,it should come up and might even make a crop.The wheat that is up doesn't look all that good.Wheat behind irrigated crops look pretty good,but wheat behind wheat looks pretty poor.If it turns off wet,there will be wheat to cut,but if not we will be getting out the plows early.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Most of my wheat in SW OK is ' hanging on ' so far. Really dry here. Desperately need some rain. Took stockers off wheat 3 weeks ago. Mother cows started pulling up wheat plants that were previously well settled , so took them off wheat also. Checked one field in Kiowa County
for moisture depth, avg. 10". I dont know how that field is still staying green. Fire danger
extremly high in all Oklahoma counties. Lots of grass fires already!

Other than that , everything is OK

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in central Texas our wheat is starting to die. About 2 weeks ago, the fields were still green, now the only have spotty patches of green. We planted oats on September 2 and still haven't grazed it yet. It's only 5 inches tall and starting to die. Alot of people are starting to sell off their cattle. My neighbor has sold 80 head within the last month.
I've also heard of round bales of hay selling for $90 a roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts