The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking at 2013 s680s with pro drive they have 700 eng hours. I was hearing mixed reviews on how they are working compared to three speed. We are on level ground and no complaints about the three speeds in our 9660 sts's. Hearing problems with the pro drive periodically and want to clarify the issue. Are they good and fairly trouble free??

·
Registered
252 Posts
On a side note, seem like a really big jump in machine size to go from a 9660 to S680...After running S680's and S670's side by side there are a lot of times the 680's in no way has extra performance over the S670 to justify it's added cost, weight and fuel consumption.

I was thinking the same thing FJ.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
As a Tech I only have had a couple Pro drives go down but they were the early ones on the 70 series. Did have a Hydro system on a pro drive go out this year but they were totally unrelated. All machines we sell withthe exception of a few 660's are ordered with pro drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the replies and appreciate the comments. We are not completely sold on going with s680s. But seem to have found some 80s well opted for substantially less than local dealers quote for 70s. Are we going to notice enough draw backs with the 80s to reconsider the deal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.