The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my hydraulic oil gets hot I am having a real annoying chatter in the hydraulics every time I lower the head. (Deere 7700 combine) Actually not a problem lowering but when I stop it there is a good vibration that will go on and on. I can usually stop it by bumping the lever to raise it just a hair. This never happens when I start-but seems to get worse throughout the day.

Have had this problem a couple years on the bean platform but I think the weight of the corn head was enough to force that valve or poppet back. I imagine it is going to be real annoying when I get the platform on this year.

Last year I opened up the valve under the cab and put in a new poppet and spring, but still seems to be having the issue.

Anyone else seen a similar issue? Thoughts on where to look?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Probably the drop rated screw is too far in, or not allowing enough oil through due to such a slow speed of drop. Id start there, Linkage could be worn also where the levers go through the floor, check the clevis and pins where they hook up to the valves, the throw is adjustable, you might not be pushing or pulling the valve enough to open the passage for oil to return.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts